Curried Granola-Crusted Shrimp with Grilled Pineapple
- 1 pineapple
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and cleaned *
- 1 1/2 cups Original Granola, crushed fine
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 cup rice flour **
- 2 tablespoons curry powder ***
- 1/4 tablespoon each Salt and Pepper
- Oil for frying
- Skewers or Picks
- Optional: Chutney, or Plain Yogurt with Curry Powder for dipping ****
* I would have preferred to use fresh shrimp, but none of my local markets had raw, large shrimp, so I went with a bag of frozen, pre-cleaned, easy peel – thawed, peeled, and blotted dry.
** While rice flour tends to produce the best “crisp,” you can use AP flour, or even cornstarch.
*** If you “like it hot,” but your curry blend is on the mild side, pump it up with a pinch of cayenne.
**** A nice Mango Chutney would be great with these as well, but I opted to use some of my homemade plain yogurt mixed with additional curry powder.