We love it when our team shares their passions, especially when it involves being active in the great outdoors!
Our awesome granola baker Brian is taking a trip of a lifetime. Starting April 18th, he’ll be hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, which is over 2,600 miles long and stretches from California to Washington! Here are some interesting facts about the trail:
Pacific Crest Trail Facts
- The Pacific Crest Trail 2,659 miles long and takes 4 – 6 months to complete
- Elevation ranges from just above sea level at the Oregon–Washington border to 13,153 feet at Forester Pass in the Sierra Nevada
- The trail’s southern terminus is on the U.S. border with Mexico, just south of Campo, California, and its northern terminus on the Canada–US border on the edge of Manning Park in British Columbia
- The route passes through the US states of California, Oregon and Washington
- The route passes through 25 national forests and 7 national parks
Brian will be sharing his journey by posting photos, video and insights on our blog! He’ll be stopping for food supplies every week, and we plan for him to receive Golden Girl Granola to fuel his adventure.